About The Organisation
Overview of Work
Planning – (Annual / Quarterly plans at organisation-wide level)
- Organising the directorate’s process of doing organisation wide planning – set up meetings for consultation, for people to agree and have a shared understanding on the planning.
- Work with operations to confirm managers have all the information that they need to develop their unit plans, checking for compliance before consolidating.
- Consolidating various unit plans into directorate’s plan to make sure there are no information gaps on the templates.
- Reviewing the directorate and unit plans for implementability;
- Ensuring people’s quarterly workplans are translated on Asana;
- Collaborating with the Director to finalise the Directorate’s plans and ensure a shared understanding of the work that must happen in the directorate in each quarter.
Coordination support for Establishment and Strengthening
- Developing templates or task lists for implementing typical ISLA activities;
- Adapting the templates as needed for each different project;
- Ensuring the tasks and subtasks are well designed in a way that makes sense because it impacts on project flow and tracking;
- Plot tasks on Asana in advance to avoid surprise tasks on a daily basis to enable staff to forecast and plan their week, month, etc.
- Use RASCIG template to guide planning and the development of tasks.
- When planning, intentionally include the reflection on the strategy, learnings, need for review and any adaptations needed.
Project design, monitoring and troubleshooting
- Designing all projects on Asana and ensuring all steps of the project from start to finish are well thought out and plotted;
- Monitoring the projects, generating regular status updates to keep the team informed of the progress and any bottlenecks;
- Weekly update and priority setting meetings with the Directors, troubleshooting to resolve any challenges;
- Bring the team together and track the delegation of tasks to Managers;
- Generating task status update of work for the supported units to monitor progress on individual tasks.
Compliance and with Organisational processes
- Using existing systems and templates to ensure the units are compliant with organisational processes;
- Providing support in assessing understanding on usage of operational systems (i.e., server, ASANA, document labelling, planning and tracking tools etc.), conducting periodic checks for any support required within the team;
- Efficiently and timeously manage/ organise projects or activities from inception, throughout implementation to conclusion.
- Continuously implement projects as per the coordination checklist, making amendment as needed to reflect changes in systems and processes
- Provide Administrative, Logistics and coordination support to Managers on PKSC, SCLS and BPSJ thematic areas;
- Convene Project initiation Meetings and complete the relevant template;
- Liaising with communications consultants on communication related to the unit;
- Organise and attend planning meetings for projects for a properly conceptualised project as outcome;
- Organise correspondence with external consultants.
COORDINATORS LINKAGE WITH DIRECTORS AND MANAGERS
- Convene weekly priority setting meetings;
- Aligning Asana with conversations from Outlook;
- Provide support and document public engagements;
- Provide implementation support for managers in PKSC, SCLS and BPSJ.
COORDINATORS LINKAGE WITH OPERATIONS
- Communicate with HR any date changes of the planned HR compliance activities for the units;
- Support units to ensure effective and efficient Finance by coordinating, monitoring and tracking all finance activities from budgets, monthly cashflow forecasts, payments etc.;
- Support units in preparation of procurement plans and following procurement processes for areas of work;
- Provide support in resource mobilisation and grant monitoring activities.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may substitute for the degree when the experiences are closely related to the duties of the job.
- 5 years or more experience in coordinating and administrating programme activities for non-profits and 1 year of experience in a legal environment.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise multiple tasks, projects, and assignments.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly and effectively problem solve and troubleshoot independently.
- Willingness to work independently in the direction of others, and in a team-focused environment.
- Exceptional diligence, accuracy, and data tracking skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and succeed in a rapidly changing environment.
- A courteous, professional, and cooperative attitude.
- Ability to work constructively and professionally across multiple issue areas and under the pressure of deadlines.
- Ability to work well in a diverse group;
- Demonstrated commitment to human rights, feminism, and social justice.
- Highest standards of excellence and integrity at all times and to all persons.
Other Essentials Specific to the Job
- Must be bilingual and fluent in both English and French.
- Able and willing to travel occasionally within and out of South Africa.
- Commitment to the overall aims and values of ISLA, Feminism and Pan Africanism
- Expectation of occasional work outside regular weekday hours, as required to do the job.
Preference will be given to qualifying women applicants.
Salary: This position offers a competitive total cost to company salary of R480,000.00 per annum, and commensurate with experience.
Closing Date: 24 January 2022 (Or open until the position is filled)
Suitable candidates who meet the requirements for this position are invited to click here to complete an application form.
ISLA’s job application form replaces the need to submit a CV as we prefer to have standardised information provided by all candidates. Upon submission, the applications will be received by the ISLA recruitment team for selection. Only shortlisted candidates will receive feedback on their application with further requirements. Late applications will not be considered.